Aren’t you very organized in throwing parties and only this one thought terrifies you?
Don’t worry, here’s a birthday party planning checklist for adults that will help you plan not only the birthday but any other parties. The best what you can do for yourself is create a checklist. Why is it necessary to have a checklist? Because without it all your ideas will fall apart and you won’t understand what you need, how to achieve and in the end, you’ll lose all motivation to finish this business without even starting.
Creating a checklist will help you visualize all the steps you need. Leave enough time for 6- 8 weeks before the event and start with the 5 important things you need to begin with.
- Invitation list (who are planning to invite and number of guests)
- Date and time
- Can you provide everything you want, think realistically
- Location (partying at home, cafe, park)
- How much time can you put into it
Think about your friends, what they like, which parties they prefer, because someone prefers loud parties, and someone dining at the restaurant. So if you decide to make dinner it will be much more expensive than a barbecue in your garden. The day is also important. It will be different if the party takes place at the beginning of the week or for example on Friday evening or Saturday. In order not to get into stress, you must understand how much you can exceed your budget if this happens or you can make a birthday party on a budget and how much it will take your time.
When you have thought it all over and made notes, then it’s time to start the next 5 important steps for party planning.
1.Choosing your party theme
2.Entertaining and party games
4.Food and Drink
Now! Transform your concepts into reality.
Get started- 6- 8 week before the event
- Make a guest checklist
- Create a party budget
- Think about a Party Coordinator or day planner
- if it is a large event and you need the help
- Select an Event Style
- Pick a location (home, party room, restaurant …).
- Event caterer.
- Publication amusement, such as DJ, clown, etc
- Book digital photographer and/or videographer.
- Choose as well as order invitations.
3-4 weeks to wait
- Order hanging and room decors as well as party supplies
- Customized Banner
- Tableware and also paper products
- Life-Size Intermediary of the Guest of Honor
- Pretty Napkin Rings
- Food selection as well as a wish list.
- Order a birthday cake.
- Order linens as well as various other party rentals such as chairs and tables.
- Pick centerpieces.
- Individualized centerpieces.
- Confetti to spray on tables for an included touch.
- Order flowers if using (for tables, cake table, shower room).
- Pick out as well as order event prefers.
2-3 weeks before
- Develop a timeline for the day of the event
- Choose party games and activities
- Games for children to make them busy
- Collect everything you ordered before
- Mark off what you have done from the master checklist
1 week left
- Do any heavy cleaning
- Buy non-perishable food & beverages
- Call to all guests who haven’t reply to your invitation
- Select party music
- Confirm all deliveries as well as pickups
- Check you list from 3-4 weeks
2 days left
- Verify amusement, services, rents etc.
- Assembled as well as prepare event favors/goodie bags
- Make an extra area in the refrigerator for food
1 day left
- Tidy main hall and event area
- Put up/together at any time extensive party decors
- Clean bathrooms
- Inspect batteries in the camera
- Prepare any kind of event food that will keep well
- Don’t forget about candles and also suits the cake
That’s a day!
- Pick up the cake, ice, balloons
- Finish decorating the party area
- Fill piñata and unpack/set up for party games
- Prepare perishable food
- Gather serving pieces
Welcome your guests with a smile and enthusiasm and have fun!
This is definitely will bring the tone for the rest of the night